Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Funk is Finally Fading

I'm finally back--For some unexplained reason, I just have been in an adoption-related funk this month. I just was in no mood to think about it, much less blog. Sorry for the lack of activity (again!) It just seemed to be so far away still and very out of my reach. There has been no news from the agency this month regarding any referrals and we have not moved at all on the list. This sign hangs in Buttercup's room, and I admit it is more for our benefit to remind us........to believe that this will actually happen, just not on our schedule. Right now, I have to admit it doesn't seem any closer. But visiting with lots of family over Thanksgiving that is very excited for us and getting to see my brother and SIL and my niece (and the new little bump) in from CA for the week was very nice and helped a lot. We had lots of good food and did a lot of visiting. We also got the news that this little bump will be a baby boy! He is due to be born in late May/early April. I told my niece she was going to have a baby brother just like me! (she's 20 mos old, so I didn't expect her to get the concept, which she didn't! ) :) Well, we are very grateful that this pregnancy seems to be going along smoothly so far. I even got to feel him kick a few good strong ones. My SIL is very excited for us and said we are "pregnant " together-me on paper of course. She brought up a good point that I hadn't really let myself think of I guess. She said "we are praying for Buttercup's birth mommy since she is probably already pregnant too." I guess that is most likely true! I had never really looked at it that way, unfortunately. That's a nice thought. I am very thankful to her and I hope she is okay is taking care of herself and Buttercup. We will keep her in our prayers.
This is Buttercup's new little rocker that my dad and stepmom bought for us. They found it at an antique store and gave it to us a couple weeks ago. It is a very sweet addition to her room and I can't wait for her to rock her babydolls in it..............Until then I'll just keep trying to believe it will really happen someday!

1 comment:

R&H said...

I love that little rocking chair! I've been looking around at antique stores and stuff but haven't found one that is sturdy enough to use. That one is PERFECT though!