Thursday, January 10, 2008

The one where we have GREAT news...

Well, did you wonder where I went??? Well, it kinda started because of the new I600 policy--I was so devastated by the news of more delay and red-tape that it was kinda like "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything". Well, I haven't had a lot of nice things to say about this wait since then.......and then I just got superstitious--I just decided to myself that my next post was going to be the absolute best news.....

AND WE FINALLY GOT IT!!! Yes, that darn coveted and longed for I600 approval was in our email box on Tues night!!! I had convinced myself that our paperwork was lost or fell off some one's desk. We never got the email from USCIS confirming receipt, and my email to inquire had gone unanswered-we knew our agency had submitted it on Dec 3, but after that, nothing-and well, I am that glass half-empty type of person who assumes the worst--I was just at the point that day to beg anyone to help me get information, and lo and behold, M runs up the stairs to ask me if I have seen the email (he had it open on our other computer)--what?? the email that I just checked for the 2000th time 10 minutes ago? Perhaps not--so I open our email (again!) and there IT is. We stared at it for a second, and M asked, "is that what we are looking for?" There is was--we were so floored. I can't believe with how long we have been waiting, we continue to be surprised when these things actually happen. It is a wild ride, this adoption thing......

Now we continue to be shocked and amazed, as our agency has been able to pull off a miracle and get us all travel arrangements to get this completed before the Tet holiday--YES, we are leaving THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!

We are still just overwhelmed and making lists and trying to figure out how we will be ready in time, but we can do it! We are having to make pet accommodations, pack, set up for the renovations to our house to keep rolling along in our absence, etc...... all with 3 days notice!!

Please send good thoughts our way that we can pull it off--I don't think I will believe it until we are actually in the air, or maybe even when we land! But we are almost on our way!! I will do my best to be a good blogger while we are traveling and keep you all updated on our adventures. (I know I don't have a good track record--sorry!)

We'll keep you posted! Buttercup, we are coming to get you!!!! Sorry it took us so long! :)

16 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations. Our agency had a similar turn around time from approval to travel.

Kelly said...

YEAH!! Congratulations. I can't wait to see you guys in VN with your daughter. So exciting!

Kristin said...

This is such wonderful news! Hope you have safe and smooth travels!

Brenda said...

yeah! Good luck to you and your packing and preparing! How old is Buttercup now? I can't wait to read about your trip! Please try to blog while you're there!

Jenny said...

Sweet and you BETTER BLOG WHILE THERE!!!!!

Can't wait to meet that little baby girl!

Chandra said...

Hey I thought you had disappeared for good! Glad you're still around and will be getting your baby girl next week! Have a safe and wonderful trip. PLEASE try to blog in country!

Carissa said...

Congratulations and before Tet even better!

Emily said...

go get your girl!!!
xo
em

Sharon said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tears are streaming down my face! I am so so so so so incredibly happy for you. I cannot wait to see the pics and hear about your precious first moments being a mom. You have no idea how badly I needed some wonderful VN news today! I switched blogs so I don't know if I sent you the new addy or not. Let me know if you are interested. I'll be checking back in with great frequency. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!(((((hugs))))))

Stepping on Legos said...

congats! I am so excited for you!

karra said...

We are soooo excited for you!!!!
I can't believe it's time. Kayli is so elated to keep Ayla for a few weeks. I know you can't wait to get your hands on her.
We love you guys!! You sre going to be wonderful parents!!!
Love, Karra

Kerry said...

Congrats!! that's wonderful news :)

Lee said...

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It's about time! You can totally be ready! Just remember you can get anything you need there, so don't fret..just get there!!! The most amazing time of your life is HERE!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Lee

S. said...

Great news! I am excited for you and hope to be following closely behind!

Julie said...

Congratulations! Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Jen said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! Bring Baby Buttercup home :)