Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dragon Baby


What little girl doesn't need a little stuffed dragon? B'cup's daddy noticed this at a store when we were visiting friends in Atlanta a few months ago. I could tell he thought she should have it, so it came home with us! I think he's really cute--we'll have to think of a name for him. We also have a book called Children of the Dragon that we got soon after we decided to adopt from Vietnam.
No news in adoption world.......absolutely nothin'.

House update: We are in the middle of electrical phase full force--wires everywhere--Man, it will be nice to have lights and outlets again! I counted all the outlets we had downstairs before: 16...How many we will have after reno: 48. Yay for electricity!

Speaking of names...We are trying to help my brother and SIL brainstorm for names for my nephew who is due in 9 days and they have yet to decide on a name and are stressing about it. Any cool ideas??? They'd like something unique, but not wacky, and they like that last-name-first type of name. My niece's name isn't found in any baby book--they made it up. I have two baby name books and I have tapped them out trying to help them with ideas for the little prince (yes, they asked! :b).......They say whoever comes up with the winning name, gets all the naming credit for it *LOL* ..like a contest. We'll have to wait and see......Seriously though, any suggestions accepted here and I will pass them along.... :) But hurry!

6 comments:

Jess and Paul said...

Awww, the dragon is darling. We also have the Children of the Dragon book, it's great! Yikes...she's due in (less than) 9 days?! Well, if they like the last name first how about Robinson and they call him Robin for short...like the boy in Winnie the Pooh. Okay, maybe it's a BIT of a stretch but I always thought Robin was a sweet name for a boy :)

Jenny said...

Coleman? Sandridge?

I have no names, I am tapped out. Sorry. I love the dragon. And I am happy you are getting sooo far along on your house!!!

We are thinking we may move in a year or so even closer to you. But we need to figure out how to pay.

Anyway, enough about me. What about Zanadoo.....

We need to get together soon!!!-J

Sarah said...

Glad your house is coming along.

Here are some names for a boy. Since I have mine picked out already, I went back to a old list of ones I jotted down as possiblities.

Oakden...Oak for short
Eli
Asher
Laith
Keld
Corbin
Zane
Zeth
Zafer
Keaton

Jenn said...

Here's a unique name ... Orbie. It was my grandfather's name. Another one I like is Orion (like the star pattern). There's always Hudson, Jackson, or Montgomery. Hmm...I pass along my congrats (& good luck on choosing a name) to your Brother and SIL.

Michelle said...

Every name I have thought of for our baby boy has been shot down by family and friends. But some of my favs are Merick, Landen, Nieko, and Micah. So far the only one we agree on is Landen.

Love the dragon and hope you hear news soon! I'm looking forward to following your journey.

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

Thayer.


It's my nephew's name and I LOOOOOVE it.

www.BringHomeLulu.com