Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Still here...

Ha, I have been reminded in a not very subtle way by my friend Em that it has been a while since I updated! I can't believe it has been so long--I have had a couple of very swamped weeks at work--you know, the ones when you forget to eat lunch until you realize it's already like 4 o'clock--and have been getting home late trying to meet some deadlines. Too much to do in too little time lately, but we are seriously realizing we need to hire another person--we all are getting a little crispy!! I am very worried about how this is going to pan out after we have the baby--we will have to adjust somehow and do what is best for our family. This type of load will just not work when she becomes our top priority. I am able to work from home some, so hopefully I can just cut way back on this crazy schedule and let someone else take over for a while. I worry about it every day. I just need to have faith that it all will work out and we will figure out the best solution. Anyway, I have just been exhausted and add to the working on the house all weekend, and it's even doubled.
Not much news in the world of adoption either, so I have been a bit uninspired. We so need to see some movement--there haven't been any referrals in so long, but word from the agency is they are expecting some soon. The bad news seems to be that my feeling that we might get a referral in May sometime probably will not come to pass........I just don't see how our number will come up by then. I have been really trying not to dwell on it and just concentrate on making it through one day at a time, and that day will be here before we know it.
I did have a fun get together last Friday with fellow PAP Em to visit Jenny and her twin girls--so nice for each of us to have a sweetie to play with to get our baby fix. We are both now even more addicted to the thought of twins, of course! :) A hard job, I am sure, but rewarding though! On family news, my little nephew is getting close to his due date, so we will have a new member of the family soon--I heard from my brother tonight that he is already a strapping little guy and he has almost a month more to go until we expect arrival.
Just wanted to let anyone still interested know I am still kicking! I will try to post more soon ! Have made some handmade baby purchases and we are moving into electrical phase on the downstairs...moving in the right direction!

2 comments:

Emily said...

heee. yeah. i got you to post:)

Jenny said...

sucky about working. working too much is a drag. The adoption will get there. Anytime you need a fix just let me know, the girls and I are over in your neck of the wood often.

Wooo hooo about the electric.