Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy B'day to my Hubs!!!


Today, A birthday shout out to my dear hubby-- Happy Birthday to Matt! We both had the day off today and had a leisurely day of errands and dream shopping for house speakers and a new digital camera (bought neither) and then to dinner with M's dad and stepmom to a very yummy restaurant near our house. I am always the most excited to see his birthday come around because from Oct to April, he is six years younger than me (yes, I robbed the cradle) :) and after his birthday, it is back down to five. I like the sound of that better..... it was nice to not spend a day off working on the house.


Also, the nephew has STILL not arrived! For a bit there, we thought he might be sharing hubby's b'day. SIL talked the doc into letting her celebrate Easter (she pulled the religion card) and give her until tomorrow morning (their time, noonish our time) so unless he comes during the night, he will be arriving via cesarean around lunch tomorrow. I just talked to them and my brother was watching as she was walking up and down the 30 degree incline hill down their back yard to try to push the labor--ha,ha--my 2 year old niece was being prompted to yell, "go mommy, you can do it!" A funny picture in my head.... As for a name, he is currently being called "baby boy", but I have been told the front runner--I will wait to post it until he has been officially named, just in case they change their mind after meeting him--they are still on the fence for the middle name...


I just read this post on another blog and I thought it was so insightful. There is so much debate about the SAHM v. the working mom and she is right, there is no one right answer and the key is to support each other and not judge another family's decisions based on what you think is right for you. I thought she did a nice job of giving the view from all sides--thanks, Dianna.


I'll fill you in on "Baby Boy"'s arrival tomorrow!

1 comment:

Emily said...

happy birthday matt!
i hope it was a good one. kim, i know you love the younger men:)

cant wait to hear abt the baby.
i hope she gets to have the VBAC since i know it is important to her. more importantly, i hope the little one is healthy!
xo